Saturday, May 21, 2011

Me no speaka very good Chinese!

After breakfast, we came back to our room.  I found a little card that said we could come to the 11th floor "art gallery" and were entitled to a free, unframed painting.  So, off we went to get our free painting.  There was a cute painting on silk, of a kitty, with colors that would look nice in Malia's room.  Well, I had it in my mind that cat was "neow neow".  I knew it was something that sounded like "meow".  The girl didn't understand me, so I may have pointed to the cat a couple times and repeated "neow neow".  After we got back to the room, Joe asked if meow was cat.  I said that it was neow.  After more thought, I decided to double check if what I said was correct.  Well, cat is actually "maow", sounding sort of like "mow", rhymes with "cow".  Then I freaked out because I had a feeling that I was saying, "pee pee".  Yep, I was!  Laughing pretty hard at myself and wondering if the girl knew I was saying pee pee and if she wondered why I kept pointing at the cat and saying pee pee. 

Lindsey

4 comments:

  1. Oh tomorrow is the day! You are doing a fantastic job blogging. Thank you for sharing your journey. I am hanging on your every word....

    ReplyDelete
  2. now thats some funny stuff keep safe and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hysterical! Made me giggle! I hope you are keeping a journal as well as blogging. That will be a story Malia will think is funny when she gets older!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lindsey that's hilarious!! Tooo funny!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete